Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Groom's Cake

Cake For Fun!

I was asked by a bride I was making a wedding cake for to help come up with a fun groom's cake idea. She gave me a picture of him in a boxing tournament he had won so we decided to run with that!   I pretended I knew I was able to recreate the event in fondant!  It was really all guess work from there.....

 The whole base was a square cake of layered vanilla with raspberry fill.  I made the guys with fondant and used some toothpicks as stabilizers for the legs and arms that are raised.  I came up with the idea for the ring by covering dowels in fondant for each corner and attaching white floral wire stuck into the fondant as the ropes.  Everyone enjoyed it and it was a wonderful conversation piece at the wedding.





No comments:

Post a Comment