Search This Blog

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Graduation, Communion or Christening Cakes


Cross, Caps and Books

Here are some inspiration cakes for this time of year.  These of course were made during my 
"pre-transformation" cake business days of bags of white sugar and white flour covering me and my home! 

Below I will add a healthier version of a cake recipe and of course I am always experimenting with lower sugar frostings you can find on this blog.  Perhaps a cream cheese frosting with a few tablespoons of dry milk to cut the confectioner's sugar would work instead of all butter and all sugar? 

 I still haven't found a solution for high fructose corn syrup fondant, but I sure am trying. 
 I have some new vegan marshmallows and 
am going to experiment with those soon. 
 For now I consider the fondant, a decorative sealant to the frosting
and cake beneath!  That's my story and I'm sticking with it!  :)




This lovely buttercream frosted cake is embellished with a porcelain 
cross and fondant ivy and flowers.  



 Graduation cakes below, ironically two schools with the same color, and similar looking gals!  
The tops of the caps are just covered cake board. The graduates are molded by hand from my
homemade marshmallow fondant I made by the bags full!  










This stack of books cake are four individual sheet cakes, cut and torted with filler.  Each was 
a different flavor.  It was made for a college professor. 



No Flour/No Sugar Chocolate Cake alternative
(Elana Amsterdam's recipe) 

2 C blanched almond flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 t sea salt
1/2 t baking soda
1 C raw organic agave nectar
2 large organic eggs
1 T vanilla extract

Dust your 9 in pan with oil and flour
 (almond flour if you need gluten free)
Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl
Mix wet with a mixer until combined
Combine all until blended
Bake 350 for about 35 min. MUST cool one hour in pan

Double recipe for two pans to stack

No comments:

Post a Comment