Search This Blog

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Frozen Banana No Sugar Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream


I Scream, You Scream...
Frozen Banana Coconut Chocolate Ice Cream 

So, I came across the link for one ingredient frozen banana ice cream could this be true?  I admit, I was skeptical, but guess what?  We are having a BLAST playing with this recipe! 



There is also an enticing chocolate mousse-like recipe by Chocolate Covered Katie out there made with coconut milk cream, so I had the idea to kinda combine the ideas and came up with my own RICH, AMAZING, CREAMY, SMOOTH and just wonderful chocolate vegan, healthy, no sugar "ice cream"! The creative possibilities are endless!  Try a few strawberries....maple syrup, instant coffee....on and on.  Here's how I made these:

* 3 frozen bananas (slice in 1/2 in pieces and freeze on a cookie sheet in the freezer)

* 2 T Thai Kitchen Coconut milk (just toss can in fridge when you buy it and the cream will rise to the surface, this is what makes it super creamy, disregard the clear water settled at the bottom of the can...you can use this cream to whip for vegan whip cream as well! It MUST be this brand only)

* 1/4 cup organic unsweetened cocoa powder

*  2 powdered stevia packets (optional for your sweetness level, but any sweetener can be added or not)

* (unnecessary for sure, but I added a 1/2 scoop of my no sugar vanilla protein powder mix just to amp 
 up the protein in it, but it is made from whey so it's not vegan)

* dark chocolate chips and pretty chocolate wafer cookie added for photographic consideration :)
(nah, they were so yum!)


No comments:

Post a Comment