Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

GREEK Yogurt Recipes

Recipes with Greek Yogurt

Triple Chocolate Chunk Yogurt Muffins
by Dashing Dish Blog.  Click HERE for recipe.

Normally, I don't eat much dairy but I do keep a few things in my diet that just are so amazing and helpful for getting low fat, low sugar and high protein foods.  I use Greek yogurt with agave as the sweetener for a substitute for cream cheese, mayo, sour cream etc.  I use a whey protein powder with stevia as the sweetener and I use an organic skim milk powder, both as thickeners. I use them in things like icing as a substitute for confectioner's sugar and a base for smoothies, etc. Here,  I share with you some recipes I have made this week with Greek yogurt.

Four Ingredient Greek Yogurt Pancakes 
by Everyday Belle Blog.  Click HERE for recipe.


Easy Yogurt Biscuits

1 1/4 cup flour
2 t baking soda
1 t salt
1 1/4 c Greek yogurt

Place dry ingredients in a bowl, combine well.  Make a well in the center and add cold Greek yogurt.  Mix flour into yogurt until a ball is formed.  Roll out on dusted surface to 1/2 in thick. Cut with cutter and place on cookie sheet for 10-12 min at 400 degrees oven or until top begins to brown.


I use Siggi's Icelandic Style of "Greek yogurt" because it is thick, natural and sweetened with agave, not sugar.  I have used vanilla and plain for the biscuit recipe.


Here I used Hodgson Mill Multi Purpose gluten free baking mix for the biscuit flour.  This was a combination of whole grain gluten free flours and gave the biscuits less of a southern fluffy biscuit feel and more of a roll consistency.  They were delicious, though different in texture.



NO Sugar High Protein Yogurt Cheesecake

For Filler: 
2- 6 0z containers of vanilla or lemon Greek yogurt (or Siggi's Icelandic no sugar, agave sweetened yogurt)
1/2 scoop stevia sweetened protein powder mix (see my brand pic below)
4 oz organic low fat cream cheese
1 tsp lemon juice if using vanilla yogurt
Mix all with a hand mixer until blended smooth

For Crust:
1/2 c All-Bran Cereal pulsed in a food processor until crumbly OR 1/2 c Super Flour Sprouted Grain
2 T organic butter
1 pack dry stevia
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t pumpkin pie spice 
2-4 T liquid like almond milk,  coconut milk, or even water as needed to pulse into ball
Place all dry ingredients in food processor to make into fine crumbs, add cold pieces of the butter, blend in, slowly add liquid until ball begins to form.  Press into your 8" plate.  

After pressing in crust, pour filler over that.  Add any fruit or flavorings on top.  (I used boiled down blueberries with some agave nectar)  chill for about 20 min or more before serving. 





No comments:

Post a Comment