Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Dealing with the Queen of Hearts


Borrowing the "Queen of Hearts" from the classic tale, Alice in Wonderland, I planned a birthday party for my daughter with no other than the Queen herself making a surprise appearance! I chose bright colors embellished with the scattered theme of hearts everywhere to be found!










I found a large heart ice or gelatin mold at Big Lots discount store and thought I would try my hand at a simple ice sculpture! This was a fun and easy centerpiece!
Below I used a tort pan to make a frozen a shrimp platter, there is a hidden plate under the greenery to house the water drippings.




Face painting and balloon fun with some story telling brought the real joy of a children's party out of the kids!
















No comments:

Post a Comment