Search This Blog

Monday, July 19, 2010

A Coral Theme Dinner

Coral Theme Dinner

Our friends were leaving for a vacation to hawaii and we wanted to send them off with a special goodbye dinner.  I didn't want the typical bright colored Hawaiian theme.  I found some wonderful inspiration from some coral dishes in a magazine and tired to mimic that look and feel with many things I already had.  With my home printer and a little creativity,  I was able to incorporate a general theme and feel on a very easy budget. 



What better theme for hosting a dinner for friends leaving for Hawaii?


I chose a coral theme because it brought in red colors for an unexpected choice for a beach theme. It was easy to have theme flow with some dollar store votives and print art from a home computer.






Sand and sea shells are also and easy inexpensive find at the dollar store or any craft supply store!





I always keep a selection of popular themed serving plates I scout out at discount and home decorating store clearance tables.


This great castle mold was a $10 find on a Wal Mart clearance rack. Little shells from chocolate molds at a touch of detail with such little effort!


Simple sugar cookies from a star fish shaped cutter and brown sugar make a "sandy" treat.






No comments:

Post a Comment